Back to do old favourite critter exploration – The Beyond Komodo Critter Cruise, this time with a twist…
The added twist of being able to go and check out a new hotspot for whale sharks too. Yes, whale sharks are now beyond Komodo too!
Our route is going to start us off in the great critter diving hotspot of Bima Bay on Sumbawa Island. Here we have a few killer sites though we may just anchor up and dive one site all day, it really is that good. We are going to visit one of Indonesia hottest small volcanic islands for critter diving, Sangeang Island which is north of Sumbawa. We will check out whalesharks and do more critter hunting in a new hotspot if weather allows before heading down into the super famous Horseshoe Bay for some of Indonesia’s most colourful critter diving and also awesome black sand critter action too!
Damai 2 is going to be our platform for this trip. With probably the highest level of service for small dive groups of any dedicated dive boat in Indonesia. Great dive guide ratio’s of 4-1, huge cabins, great food and much more…
ALAMI ALOR HAS NO MORE SPACE, STILL SPACE FOR DAMAI!
Alami Alor is a really lovely true boutique dive resort. Alami Alor really impressed me when I first visited and I’ve been back numerous times since. Max and Lauren have thought of just about everything that a great resort needs and should have. With the addition of excellent food and even good choices of wine which is rare to find at Indonesian dive resorts never mind one in such a remote location.
The location of Alami Alor is well protected in the bay of Kalabahi, which happens to be right at the heart of some of Alor’s best critter diving too. As usual I always enjoy places with good house reefs and Alami Alor has a house reef for those who want to get in even more dives and make a few shore dives.
Dates, Rates & Logistics
First of all we have add on trip to Alami Alor wit flights as below:
- 18th August – departing Bali onboard IN254 at 10.05 and arrive in Alor 12. 35.
- 24th August – departure from Alor via Kupang onboard IW1942 at 09.40 arriving in Bali at 10.20
- Departure from Kupang onboard JT925 at 13.30 arriving in Bali at 15.15
- 24th August – overnight in Bali, we check out a great restaurant nearby in the evening too.
- 25th August – depart Bali onboard IN650 at 09.55 arriving in Bima, Sumbawa at 10.55
- 5th September – our final flight will be from Labuan Bajo onboard GA7027 at 16.00 arriving back in Bali at 17.40
We highly recommend to arrive a day earlier and depart either really on the 5th or make an overnight and leave early on the 6th.
Please email us for more information if you want to join both or just one part of this combo.
Included in the price
- Return flights and transfers to/from the airport to vessel or from/to any hotel and the airport the day of embarkation or disembarkation, within a distance of 20km.
- Overnight hotel on 24th.
- Accommodation with A/C in twin or double bed cabin with en-suite showers & toilet.
- All meals and drinks while on board and at resort (excluding wine and Spirits). Nitrox is included at Alami and free for returners on Damai.
- All guided diving.
- Government taxes.
- Land tours and group activities organised by Dive Damai.
- First spa treatment onboard Damai for each person on board.
Excluded in the price
- Damai port and harbour fees: between USD5 and USD25 per day depending on the destination
- Enriched Air Nitrox: USD10 per diving day on Damai unless you are a returning guest with Damai.
- Rental equipment
- National Park/maritime areas entrances fee.
- Laundry onboard Damai USD1 per item.
- Spa treatments after the first complimentary: USD10 per 45 minutes treatment.
- Travel insurance – highly recommended.
- Crew gratuities.
- Excess baggage
- Any other hotels and food ashore before and after the cruise
- Dive insurance: MANDATORY.
- Free nitrox and complimentary dive gear rental for all repeat guests on Damai.
Email us for more information regarding this trip.
Look forward to diving with you soon.
Your trip leader & dive guide,